November is here, and that means it’s National Healthy Skin Month!
Our number one priority here at Dermatology & Laser of Alabama is always to help you achieve healthy, beautiful skin.
Here are our top five tips for healthy skin in the winter:
- Use an SPF of 30 or higher every day. Yes, even in the winter or on a cloudy day!
- Consider professional skincare treatments like lasers, facials, or chemical peels.
- Keep your skin barrier intact with an emollient or creamy moisturizer.
- Avoid hot showers and try using a humidifier at home to prevent skin from drying out.
- Swap your coffee for green tea throughout the day to stay hydrated.
Dealing with dry skin, redness, or rosacea? We asked our skincare professionals what we need to keep skin happily hydrated through the colder weather. Here are our aesthetician’s top product recommendations:
The Phyto Corrective Mask is great, and you can even sleep with it at night once or twice a week for extra hydration and to calm the skin. I like the Phyto Corrective Gel as well for daily use to help with any redness.
Hydrating B5 Gel is also great to help bind moisture to the skin since rosacea patients have more of an impaired barrier!”
– Nadia Hoffman, Aesthetician
“The SkinCeuticals Epidermal Repair Cream would be great as well for sensitive or compromised skin, used as needed to help with redness or irritation.
Also, the CE Ferulic serum could help with rosacea – it’s our bestselling vitamin C serum and a very safe antioxidant that helps ward off free radicals in the environment.”
– Riley Pitman, Aesthetician
We’d love to help you create the perfect skincare routine, just in time for colder weather! Call (205) 870-3303 to learn more, or click this link to shop our curated collection of results-driven skincare online.