SkinPen Microneedling in Birmingham, Alabama
One of our favorite ways to fix your skin issues.
Not only can microneedling improve the look & feel of your skin, but it can also work wonders on reducing fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, stretch marks, and textural irregularities.
WHY IT’S SPECIAL
- Safe for all skin types
- Treatment can be anywhere from 0.1 to 2.5mm in depth
- Results are noticeable within 1-2 weeks after your treatment
Microneedling is a minimally-invasive procedure that stimulates collagen growth. A mechanical pen, its head filled with tiny needles, is rolled over the skin and as it vibrates, it delivers microinjections, penetrating the skin many times over the course of a few seconds. The needles are used to create a controlled skin injury.
Our Treatment Plan
1. We’ll apply a topical numbing cream to ensure you’re comfortable for your treatment.
2. Fine needles puncture the skin, creating channels to stimulate new skin cells.
3. We provide a post-procedure skincare kit for you to use after your treatment while healing.
Want to add PRP to your treatment? Check out more info on this treatment here.
The SkinPen creates tiny micro-injuries via fine, surgical quality needles that cause the skin to go into “hyperdrive” to repair itself by stimulating collagen & elastin production.
There are three phases to the wound repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is re-built with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
It’s common to notice redness (which often looks like a mild sunburn) and sensitivity immediately after the procedure, but this is generally nothing to worry about and should fade as your skin heals.
We recommend scheduling your appointment at least 2 weeks prior to a special event to accommodate for any social downtime.
Patients may notice healthier-looking skin immediately, but most see results within one week after treatment that improve with time.
During the months following treatment, the treated area will appear to have a more even complexion and texture. When treating skin concerns such as melasma and deep lines and wrinkles, it can take several treatments before noticing results.
Remember, dermal collagen takes time! Boosted collagen and elastin production can continue for up to 6 months after your treatment.
Your results will last anywhere from three to six months, and many patients schedule follow-up treatments twice a year to maintain their results.
Taking good care of your skin through a DLA-approved at-home skincare routine can help preserve your results even longer.
We provide our patients with prescription-grade numbing cream is applied all over the treatment area to eliminate discomfort.
The unique design of SkinPen also allows for individualized settings, from 0.1 to 2.5mm in depth. Our trained professionals can determine which treatment depth is right for your skin type.
Microneedling works by creating small punctures in the skin. It’s not painful, but it’s certainly not as relaxing as one of our facial treatments.
The number of treatments required will be determined by our experienced providers based upon your goals and the health of your skin.
It is recommended for most patients to receive a series of 3 treatments spaced about 4 weeks apart.
Microneedling with RadioFrequency
The Infini RF Microneedling system offers a unique, powerful combination of microneedling and fractional radiofrequency resurfacing.