Located in Birmingham, Alabama, Dermatology & Laser of Alabama is one of the state’s most comprehensive dermatology practices. Call today to schedule your FREE laser tattoo removal consultation.
The AlexTrivantage Laser is the latest and most advanced laser technology and removes ALL treatable tattoo ink colors. Dermatology & Laser of Alabama owns and operates the only AlexTrivantage Laser in the state of Alabama.
It is estimated that close to 10% of the U.S. population has some sort of tattoo. Eventually, as many as 50% of them want to have laser tattoo removal.
There is good news for those who have an unwanted body design. Newer laser tattoo removal techniques can eliminate your tattoo with minimal side effects. Here’s how it works: lasers remove tattoos by breaking up the pigment colors of the tattoo with a high-intensity light beam.
Who Can Benefit From Laser Tattoo Removal?
Because each tattoo is unique, removal techniques must be tailored to suit each individual case. Patients with previously treated tattoos may also be candidates for laser therapy. Tattoos that have not been effectively removed by other treatments or through home remedies respond well to laser therapy .
What Can I Expect During the Laser Tattoo Removal?
Depending on the size and color of your tattoo, the number of treatments will vary. You should schedule a free consultation, during which time a trained professional will evaluate your personal situation and advise you on the process.
Treatment with the laser varies from patient to patient depending on the age, size, color, and type of tattoo (amateur or professional).
In general, this is what will happen during an office visit for tattoo removal using the newer lasers:
- Protective eye shields are placed on the patient.
- The skin’s reaction to the laser is tested to determine the most effective energy for treatment.
- The treatment itself consists of placing a hand piece against the surface of the skin and activating the laser light. As many patients describe it, each pulse feels like a grease splatter or the snapping of a rubber band against the skin.
- Smaller tattoos require fewer pulses while larger ones require more. At each treatment, the tattoo should become progressively lighter.
- Immediately following treatment, the area is treated with a special topical cream to aid in pigment removal. Then a bandage is used to cover and to soothe the treated area. Instructions for care are given upon departure.
Dermatology & Laser of Alabama in Birmingham offers the most advanced tattoo removal laser available in Alabama, with three wavelengths to remove all treatable tattoo colors. Call Birmingham Dermatologist Dr. Sarah Boyce Sawyer at Dermatology & Laser of Alabama to book a FREE laser tattoo removal consult or an appointment.
Click on the link below to see Dr. Sawyer discuss state-of-the-art laser tattoo removal technology and the process with Brooke Smith on Daytime Alabama.
Call 205-870-3303 for more information.